How Much Will A Rear End Collision Cost?
Fender benders happen all the time. You’re in a rush because you’re running late and backout without paying close attention and suddenly you find yourself in a rear end collision.
Rear end collisions happen and it’s ok. Even if you think that your bumper looks fine, you should still get it looked at. How much is it going to cost though, if you do get it looked at? Unfortunately there is no real set price as to how much it’s going to cost. The repairs range in price.
This is due largely to the many different variables that play a role in your specific situation.
Variables Such as:
- Make and model of car
- Damage to your car
- Is your car customized or standard
- Where you feel comfortable getting repairs done at.
How to figure out what the collision repair is going to cost
- The first thing to look at is what sort of damage your car has. Simply looking at the vehicle can only give you a rough idea of the damage, there may be damage that the bumper is hiding. But a quick look will tell you if you’re going to simply need to remove a dent, this will cost anywhere from $50 to $100, or if there is paint damage that needs to be fixed. Paint damage tends to be more expensive because of the process of repairing the paint job.
- The next factor that comes into play is the make and model of your car. If you have a custom car, parts and paint are going to be more expensive than mass manufactured vehicles. In addition, certain vehicles like Toyotas tend to be cheaper when it comes to parts then vehicles like BMWs.
- Finally, the cost that the collision center charges you is going to play a role in the total bill. The cost of labor is going to vary based on the type of work that needs to be done. If the whole bumper needs to be removed then it is going to take a significant amount of time due to the different components that are connected to the bumper. On average though, labor can be anywhere from $50 per hour up to $200 per hour.
Do you need to get the repairs?
The short answer is yes, you should get the repairs done.
The safety of your car may have been compromised through the damage caused by the accident. The bumper may fall off because it is no longer secured properly, which is unsafe for you as well as being unsafe for the people driving around you. In addition, the structure of the bumper and the car frame may have been damaged, this can lead to your car’s inability to withstand future impacts.
The bumper may be hiding other underlying damage that the car sustained. Even if you don’t think that there is underlying damage but there is a crack in the bumper, further damage is a possibility. This is due to weather getting into the cracks of the bumper and beginning to wear down the internal mechanisms of the vehicle. By getting the bumper removed and repaired you may find more serious damage that needs attention, or save yourself from further damage. This process will ensure that your car is safe to drive.
Lowering the cost of repairs:
There are several ways that you can attempt to lower the cost of the repairs.
- Talk with your insurance company. The coverage that you receive will be based on your policy and the situation surrounding the accident. Once you’ve talked with your insurance you can decide if it makes more sense to pay out of pocket or file a claim.
- Do your research. Look for collision centers that are certified and have good reviews. This will ensure that your vehicle is properly taken care of as well as giving you an idea of the type of work that you will receive.
- Shop around. Once you have found several collision centers that work for you begin to talk to them about their different pricing.
How Can Tachoir Help Your Rear End Collision
Tachoir, a collision center in Jefferson Hills, PA, understands that accidents happen and that it can be a stressful time for you. When youre getting ready to take your car in for repairs, don’t panic. At Tachoir our process is here to help you have a low stress collision repair experience.
We encourage you to do your research and get estimates before you come in, so that you know you are getting the best deal from a certified center.
Once you’ve made arrangements and dropped off your vehicle we will get to work. After we have thoroughly looked everything over, you can expect to hear from us so that we can talk about any other damage that we found once the bumper came off. Once we’ve talked everything over and you feel comfortable with the process and the time your car needs to be in the shop, we’ll get to work on what we found.
Our goal is to help you through this stressful time. We are ASE and I-CAR Gold Class Certified. This certification ensures that you will receive high-quality repairs. In addition to quality car bumper repairs we have exceptional customer service.