Car dents are a common thing. You park your car outside, when suddenly it starts hailing. When the hail finally lets up you go out to assess the damage and find that the hood of your car is dented. Don’t worry these sorts of dents are easy and relatively painless to repair, through a process called paintless dent repair.
Tachoir in Jefferson Hills is here to help. We ensure that our quality technicians work to make this process painless, while our exceptional customer service ensures that you understand each step of the process.
What is Paintless Dent Repair?
This dent repair method is a technique that works to repair minor dent damage in a cost-effective manner. Paintless dent repair specializes in fixing damage that may have been caused by hail, a carless person dinging your door with their car, or even flying projectiles. Essentially any dent that happens that has not scratched the paint on your vehicle.
During the repair process a tool, usually a rod of sorts, is used to push the dent out from the backside of a paneling found on the car. The method that is used is both environmentally friendly and fast.
This differs from traditional dent repair in that no fillers are used. By not using fillers the amount of time that your vehicle is in the shop is reduced. When using filler the filler needs to dry, then be sanded, and finally painted over to match the rest of the vehicle.
With paintless dent repair none of these steps are needed. Simply take your vehicle in so it can be assessed then get the dent popped out.
Process of Paintless Dent Repair:
- When getting started with the process an assessment will need to happen to assess the dent. This will be used to determine if the paintless dent repair is an appropriate repair method for you.
- Once you and the technician have determined that this is appropriate for the situation, the technician will begin to prepare the affected area.
- To prepare the affected area the technician may need to remove parts such as panels or lights so that they can gain access to the dent.
- Once access is gained the technician will assess the dent one more time. This less assessment will help the technician know where to place their tool in order to work the dent out.
- Once the tools are placed on the current area pressure is gently applied so that the dent can be slowly massaged out.
This process can usually be done all in the same day but it is still a good idea to talk to the shop about the time framing.
Does Paintless Dent Repair Work?
Yes this process is a great solution to minor dent damage..
It is a method that offers an affordable way to fix the exterior of the car. This process is only for specific types of dent. If your car has sustained any paint damage or any other type of damage then this particular method may not be the best choice.
It is important to talk to your car repair technician about the damage that you are having repaired in order to understand the best technique for your specific situation.
How can Tachoir help you?
When searching for someone to help you with your paintless dent repair, you want to not only find someone that is cost effective but also someone that is certified. This certification will ensure that no further harm will come to your vehicle.
When searching for someone that meets this criteria, you may find many options. But we have you covered here in Jefferson Hills, PA. Our technicians will take care of you and your car. Ensuring that your car is returned to you as good as new fast.
Here at Tachoir Collision Center we ensure that you will receive the best customer service as well as phenomenal paintless dent repair. We understand what you are going through and are here to help.